Media Mentions, Interviews & More
See our public awareness efforts at work around the world.
Media Mentions and Citations
- Saving Rhinos' research is referenced in the report "Assessment of Rhino Horn as a Traditional Medicine" prepared for the CITES Secretariat (April 2012), and in the WWF "Wildlife Crime Scorecard" (July 2012), produced to coincide with the CITES Standing Committee meeting.
- Ferguson, K. "Trophy Hunting in Museums: Thefts a Growing Problem in Europe." Speigel Online. 13 March 2012.
- Platt, J. "2 Rhinos Fight for Life After Their Horns are Choped Off." Extinction Countdown, Scientific American Blog Network. 07 March 2012
- Lyall, S. "Rhino Horns Lure Museum Thieves." The New York Times. 26 August 2011.
- de Bruin, L. "Poaching, mass harvesting of rhino horns and illegal trade." Consultancy Africa Intelligence (CAI). 01 July 2011.
- Nevin, T. "Golden Horn Spells Doom for African Rhino." African Business. 01 May 2011.
Interviews and Appearances
- The Price. A film by Melinda MacInnis, directed by Matt Fife. Coming spring 2013.
- BBC World Business Report, 11 July 2011.
- “Belief and butchery: how lies and organized crime are pushing rhinos to extinction.” Mongabay.com. 11 May 2011 (The interview was the fourth most popular Mongabay.com news article for May 2011.)
- “The Wildlife: Rhino Horn Trade, Rhishja Larson.” This episode of “The WildLife” aired on The Radiator, WOMM-LP, 105.9 FM in Burlington, Vermont on 02 August 2010.
Partnership for Rhino Conservation Nepal (PARC/Nepal)
- “Update from Nepal: A Successful Year of Raising Public Awareness About Rhino Conservation.” Rhino Horn is Not Medicine. 24 March 2011
- “Grassroots Rhino Conservation: Nepal’s New Generation is Leading the Way.” Rhino Horn is Not Medicine. 17 March 2010.
- “Bust the Myth - Save the Species: A Coalition Approach to Debunking the Rhino Horn Medicine Myth.” Poster presentation. 7th Rhino Keepers Workshop, 15 May - 18 May 2011, Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, Glen Rose, Texas.
- “Mules Hunting Rhinos? Sinister Scam Unfolds in South Africa.” Planetsave.com. 22 June 2011.
- “Meet the Species: Greater One-Horned (Indian) Rhino.” JeffCorwinConnect. 22 May 2011.
- “Rhino horn: All myth, no medicine.” National Geographic NatGeo News Watch. 07 July 2010.
Murder, Myths & Medicine
Please note this book contains extremely graphic images.
Article Series: China’s Rhino Horn Scheme
- “Suspicions Confirmed: China Investing Millions in Rhino Horn Scheme.” Rhino Horn is Not Medicine. 02 June 2011.
- “Reports of More Rhinos Arriving in China from South Africa.” Rhino Horn is Not Medicine. 19 December 2010.
- “Chinese Researchers Hope to Turn Rhino Horn Cultivation into Thriving Enterprise While Avoiding CITES Scrutiny.” Rhino Horn is Not Medicine. 17 November 2010.
- “Concern Grows Over Possible Links Between Rhino Horn Demand and China’s State-Funded TCM Research.” Rhino Horn is Not Medicine. 05 October 2010.
- “Chinese News Reports Arrival of 12 Rhinos From South Africa.” Rhino Horn is Not Medicine. 03 August 2010.
- “Revealed: Location of China’s Rhino Farm and ‘Horn Harvesting’ Experiments.” Rhino Horn is Not Medicine. 20 July 2010.
Learn more about our team.